You can save this job and apply at a later date.
Senior Civil Engineers - Cleanwater / Wastewater Infrastructure
* create civil designs & specifications including consideration of:
* health & safety / geotechnics / structural / hydraulics / environment / buildability / commissioning /operations and maintenance / hazops / TMA / Third Party coordination / appropriate legislation & regulations
* Undertake assessments of new housing / commercial developments for new connections and water supplies.
* Undertake network impact assessments on proposed new highway improvements and on new developments
* engage with appropriate stakeholders in order to understand the root cause of the business problem
* Agree design assessment and design completion milestones with Project Manager
* Support the Project Manager to define the right contractual outputs to ensure a successful delivery
* validate data to define the problem
* Ensure design standards and processes are followed
* preparation of conceptual designs to create innovative and efficient TOTEX solutions which resolve the business problem (liaising with appropriate internal and external experts, ensuring design standards and assurance processes are followed)
* Identify and assess operational risks e.g.; H&S, environmental, commissioning
* assess and provide options for appropriate design solutions ensuring Health and Safety are built into the lifecycle of the design
* Undertake early pro-active risk management and ensuring risk registers are owned and maintained throughout the design feasibility and design process’
* Contribute to the early development of commissioning plans
* deliver and check design specifications to document the solution for subsequent delivery
* Review and validate third party designs to ensure they meet the requirements of the solution
* provide support to the programme team so that the solution is delivered (and commissioned) to the agreed, contracted design specification
* Contribute to post project reviews, appraise the delivered solution and capturing learnings
* Water sector experience (desirable)
* Proven experience of design to assist with the development of innovative solutions
* Experience of working to standards, codes and practices
* Experience of implementing CDM regulations in the design process
* Experience of working closely with supply chain in delivering projects (with emphasis on adherence to design specification, H&S, outputs, and quality).
* Demonstrated experience of the considerations given to risk management in construction and ops design.
* Experience of influencing a disparate set of stakeholders to deliver design objectives
* Good communication, report writing and presentation skills
* Confidence to challenge designs provided by DB to ensure they meet the understanding (working with budget / timescales and external suppliers)
* You are forward looking and proactive; looking ahead to anticipate problems and develop plans to overcome potential obstacles.
* You seek opportunities to support to the development of the teams capability and performance
* Strong personal discipline, able to operate within boundaries and parameters (design standards, H&S regulations etc.)
* Clear Thinking and able to make educated judgements and decisions in the face of ambiguity
* You are innovative and challenging identifying opportunities for continuous improvement
* A strong Drive to Deliver
* Constantly seek out and make improvements for the whole supply chain
* Good Communication; able to communicate both positive and challenging messages.
* Involve others and get their input to ensure the best outcome
* Responsible Team Membership; actively contributing to discussions, constructively challenging designs and working practices to achieve a better outcome.
* Builds relationships both within the direct team and the wider team
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.
Matchtech Group Plc
The job: has been sent to: