You can save this job and apply at a later date.
- Preparation of detailed drawings and calculations to obtain technical approval for adoptable highway, or sewerage schemes in accordance with national and local authority specifications including S38 and S278 for highways and S104, S106 and S98 etc for sewerage. Projects will include residential, commercial and industrial developments.
- Drawings to be produced using AutoCAD Civil 3D. Calculations to be produced using industry standard software i.e. WinDes by MicroDrainage.
- Undertake pre-purchase feasibility studies and resolution of planning conditions including drainage feasibility and highways considerations. Knowledge of design and implication of flood risk assessments and SUD`s techniques advantageous.
- Preparation of 3D ground models for volume calculations, cut and fill exercises, vertical road profiles, etc.
- Liaise and communicate with clients and external agencies i.e. Environment Agency, Regional Highway Authorities and Sewerage authorities, etc.
- Represent company at meetings and in writing when required and undertake site inspections.
- Control the programmed performance of projects.
- Use of Auto Cad Civil 3D preferred but not essential. Training will be provided.
- Good working experience of drainage and highway design and detailing.
- Good working experience of MicroDrainage WinDES
- Use of Microsoft Office software packages i.e. Excel, Word, etc.
- Working appreciation of highway and general structures
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to manage projects and resources within agreed time scales.
- Ability to manage the workload of graduate engineers and technicians.
- Act professionally in the interests of company.
Education & Learning Experience:
Relevant experience to UK standards is key to these positions. A degree or HNC/D is desirable.
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.
The job: has been sent to: