You can save this job and apply at a later date.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join an expanding team at our site in Luton as a Quality Engineer.
You will plan and coordinate Quality activities within the program lead (IPT) environment, working for the Manufacturing Engineering and Quality Team Leader. The role involves building effective close working relationships both internally and externally to influence Quality culture and challenge the ways of working.
- Represent the Quality function to ensure compliance to Tier 1 customers and regulatory requirements.
- Leading the completion of internal First Article Activity packs and verifying the integrity of external First Article Activity packs per AS9102
- Conducting and leading both internal and external supplier quality audits.
- Support AS9100 and CAA/FAA Regulatory audit control and maintenance.
- Assist with the daily Material Review Board (MRB) meetings.
- Ensure that all documentation conforms to industry / customer quality standards & supports customer new product needs.
- Act upon Internal NRFT and External NRFT issues with timely containment and robust sustainable corrective actions through root cause corrective action investigations.
- Drive Change via Quality tools (APQP; AS9145) to achieve a quality launch.
- Support engineering change management of components / materials.
- Actively participate in continuous improvement process – internal – external, quality, cost, innovation, delivery and management
- Devise inspection, testing and evaluation methods.
- Support supplier verification activities.
- Occasional travel may be necessary.
- Ensure that all employees are fully conversant and compliant with the Company’s Health and Safety policies. Ensure that all relevant Health and Safety legislation is effectively implemented and managed.
- Relevant experience of working in a Quality Department.
- Previous Aerospace industry experience within a quality management system approved to AS9100, with experience of conducting first article inspections (FAI’s) to AS9102 or the automotive industry
- Experience of liaising with Customer Quality representatives, regulatory authorities, or certifying authorities would be advantageous
- Experience with flow-charting and process models, writing quality procedures, quality plans, standard operating procedures and therefore also be capable of conducting supplier audits and internal audits on products, processes and procedures.
- Solid understanding of key problem solving techniques (Fishbone, 5Y, 8D, RCCA etc.)
- Auditing experience.
- Familiarity with BSI to ISO9001/AS9100/AS9110, the CAA to EASA 145 & EASA 21-G, the FAA to FAR145
- Good Communication skills and Team working to Lead Quality compliance in the IPT and a key interface with the customer.
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.
The job: has been sent to: