You can save this job and apply at a later date.
Electrical Shift Engineer
Our chosen business partner have over 300 years of excellence as one of the leading infrastructure, transport and real estate companies in the UK, the Group has become a part of the country’s DNA. Their vision is to create sustainable environments where people and businesses can flourish, this has cemented them as an organisation that shapes the future and transforms industries and lives.
The primary role of the Electrical Maintenance Shift Engineer is to “get today’s work done today”. To work within a team across a rolling shift pattern to carry out planned preventative maintenance and reactive maintenance efficiently, effectively and in a safe manner.
• Complete planned and reactive maintenance work in an effective and safe way.
• Carry out hands on maintenance work on mechanical and electrical equipment.
• Work to Safe System of Work for all activities when on site.
• Complete the shift workload as stipulated by the Shift Team Leader.
• Attend to unplanned failures in a timely manner to meet reliability targets.
• Complete Work progress sheets to identify work activity and delays.
• Report parts and materials deficits to the Shift Team Leader without delay.
• Suggest tactical decisions to Shift Team Leader to stay on schedule.
• Demonstrate commitment to multi-skilled activity where appropriate.
• Essential experience will include working on: Programmable logic controlled equipment, motors, motor controls and variable speed drives.
• Must have a fundamental knowledge of mechanical equipment e.g. bearings, limits & fits and gearing systems.
• Must be willing to multi skill electrical/mechanical.
• Fault finding and repair is an absolute prerequisite for this position.
• The role requires a dynamic and eager individual with a can-do attitude and willingness to get stuck in, accept change and make things happen.
• Knowledge of effective maintenance strategy’s i.e. RCM, PM, CBM & TPM is preferred but not essential.
• Some maritime knowledge/experience.
• Some knowledge of CMMS or document sharing software.
Shifts; 4 on, 4 off, 4 on, 8 off (12 hour shifts)
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.
The job: has been sent to: