You can save this job and apply at a later date.
Electrical Engineer – To cover the South
Circa £40,000 per annum plus performance bonus (OT 10%, Max 20%), and a range of benefits including generous pension contributions, private medical insurance and 25 days annual leave (excl. bank holidays)
Creating a better world, a better company, and a more fulfilling future…
Calor is an exciting and inspiring company to work for, where investment in our people's skills and knowledge is integral to our success. We ensure a supportive and inclusive working environment which is underpinned by our culture of expertise, safety and trust. These things allow us to lead the way in terms of sustainability, innovation and personal development.
As the lead supplier in the UK LPG market, things rarely stand still for us. From humble beginnings, and as part of SHV Energy, Calor has continued to develop and diversify, ensuring that our service offering is expansive, progressive and relevant to our customers. It is our people that enable us to do that, which is why they are the heart of our business.
The National Engineering department at Calor Gas are looking to recruit a forward thinking and innovative Electrical Engineer to join the team.
As an Electrical Engineer at Calor, you will ensure the safe operation and maintenance of all electrical installations at Upper and Lower Tier COMAH sites. As we continue to make significant investments in our filling plants, you’ll be a champion of safety and a key figure in ensuring we maintain high levels of standards, playing an important role in building our reputation as an energy provider of choice.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Own, develop, and ensure site compliance with electrical safety rules
- Review and approve documentation provided by contractors pertaining to electrical work
- Create specifications for the electrical elements of projects, repairs, and modifications
- Oversee electrical construction and commissioning
- Assess the competence of site electrical resources and contractors, making recommendations for improvements
- Review equipment condition reports and make recommendations
- Conduct audits of electrical installations to sure compliance with standards
- Provide technical assistance and problem solving to operational sites
The person we’re looking for will be inquisitive with a natural drive to get things done, whilst having the ability to communicate and shape a vision.
As such we would like you to:
- Ideally have 5yrs+ experience in a high hazard industry
- Have experience of working with electrical distribution systems, high voltage desirable
- Demonstrate strong coaching and mentoring skills
- HNC in Electrical Engineering
- Electrical Inspection & Testing Level 3
- Electrical Installation Level 3
We look for people who are open minded, embrace new ways of working, step out of their comfort zone seek out new opportunities and look to continuously learn. Opportunities to progress, to develop and to be recognised for your achievements are part of our daily life, and we want to share that with you! Together with your commitment, drive and personal performance, we believe you can bring out the best in yourself at Calor.
If this sounds like you, please apply by clicking the link below.
We look forward to hearing from you!
To be considered for the above opportunity you must be eligible to live and work in UK and hold a full driving licence that is valid for you to drive in the UK.
Calor Gas Ltd. adhere to ethical recruiting methods ensuring that we do not discriminate against any candidate because of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, or sexual orientation.
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.
Calor Gas Limited
The job: has been sent to: