You can save this job and apply at a later date.
Principal / Senior Civil Engineer
Nuclear Clean Up
Working in Nuclear and Defence the successful candidate will join The Client; growing Warrington office in the position of Principal or Senior Engineer. They will join the Civil, Structural and Architectural team on projects of varying scales and complexity where they will assist and lead in the delivery of structural designs and analysis/assessment studies in a multi-discipline environment ensuring time, cost and quality are met.
They will address and resolve functional issues within a project through use of their technical capabilities and engineering judgement, applying their skills or generating innovative solutions as appropriate.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
* Technical quality and excellence of your work and the work of those working under you to ensure engineering delivery meets scope, time, cost and quality
* Project planning, delivery and financial performance of your work and that of junior staff
* Communication with clients and other design team members to provide technical input and justification
* Technical and professional guidance, support and development of more junior engineers and technicians
* Lead a team of engineers in the development and delivery of design documents and solutions
* Confidently participate at technical and non-technical meetings including progress meetings and design reviews
* Generate engineering estimates and execution strategies to provide optimal solutions
* Independent and autonomous work during the delivery of complex engineering activities
* Adherence and contribution to business and quality management systems whilst developing a good safety culture
Education & Professional Requirements:
* Chartered or near Chartered Member of an appropriate institution (ICE/IStructE)
* Degree qualified in Civil/Structural engineering or demonstrable equivalent underpinning knowledge and understanding
* Five years or more experience in a civil and structural design role having direct influence over engineering practices and outcomes
* Ability to Lead projects of varying size and complexity, managing technical aspects as well as quality, budget, programme and resources
* Good all-round technical design expertise using British and international standards, and/or Eurocodes
* Proficient use and knowledge of appropriate structural analysis programs (preferably STAAD)
* Good understanding of structural theory and strong analytical skills with proven problem solving ability
* Experience of detailed calculations and design work for reinforced concrete and structural steelwork
* Ability to work effectively as a team member liaising directly with clients and other design team members
* Awareness of applicable codes and safety legislation and how they should be applied
* Excellent verbal and written communication, and report writing skills
* Ability to achieve P4 pass holder status and a minimum of SC clearance is essential
* Nuclear industry experience
* Experience of working at or for Sellafield Ltd would be a distinct advantage
* Experience of design to Eurocodes
* Experience in design with masonry would be advantageous
* Experience of structural dynamics, including designing for seismic, blast and impact load effects
* Knowledge and use of BIM packages
* Understanding of emerging technology so that technical input to projects takes account of new developments
* Additional IT skills would be a distinct advantage
* Chartered civil and/or structural membership
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.
The job: has been sent to: