You can save this job and apply at a later date.
Principal Civil Engineer
Our multidisciplinary team encompasses roads, bridges and civil structures, geotechnical engineering, ITS and lighting, rail, environmental consultancy, utilities, BIM and transport planning. We pride ourselves in working collaboratively with each other and with our clients to deliver innovative and practical engineering design solutions.
As experts in our field, we are focused on technical excellence. We provide a supportive environment in which to develop the knowledge and skills of our staff to ensure careers thrive.
Recent key projects include:
- Ongoing design of the A96 Dualling East of Huntly to Aberdeen scheme
- Detailed design and supervision of the £500m M8 M73 M74 Motorway Improvements Project (Award for Infrastructure - Saltire Society Civil Engineering Awards 2017)
What is the purpose of this role?
Lead a design team to ensure:
- Delivery of all the specified project outcomes on time, within budget and to the client’s specifications
- Project requirements and are fully met
- Advice and guidance is provided for staff, and professional development is actively pursued
- Good relationships are maintained with all external parties to enhance the reputation of the company
What will this role involve?
- Develop effective concept design solutions that are consistent with the project brief
- Undertake a wide range of design work on all aspects of the functions design and maintenance
- Implement effective, value for money and innovative design solutions to meet technical and project requirements
- Progress projects through preliminary and detailed design with emphasis on client requirements and innovation
- Supervise team members including all engineers, senior engineers, senior technicians and assistant and graduate engineers
- Assist with contract preparation together with project planning and programming
- Project administration reporting to the Project Manager including monitoring programme delivery, resources and budgets Inspection work, feasibility studies, cost estimating for works and fees
What are we looking for?
- Chartered Engineer
- Knowledge of current Health and Safety Legislation and CDM Regulations
- Computer literate and conversant with relevant engineering software packages
- Experience in inspection, assessment design and supervision of structures schemes
- Experience in technical delivery as well as leading and managing structure schemes
- Good communication skills and the ability to work within a small team and have a dedicated approach to working within and meeting strict deadlines
- Good communication skills dealing with clients, developers, consultants, elected representatives and the public
What makes this role unique?
- You will ensure that technically sound design solutions are produced, including all associated reporting and cost estimating, to programme and within budget and ensure compliance with all relevant technical standards.
Fundamental to living our core values is having great people in our business. That's why we believe that Amey is only as great as the people we employ. We place great value on our people and the contribution they make to our business, that’s why we aim to offer a competitive benefits package to all of our employees.
Working for Amey you will receive a competitive salary and will be able to join our contributory pension scheme. In addition you will be entitled to Company sponsored life assurance and a generous holiday entitlement. You will also be invited to join Amey Choices which offers a range of flexible benefit options and offers additional benefits available throughout the year.
Amey is an equal opportunities employer.
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.
The job: has been sent to: