You can save this job and apply at a later date.
Infrastructure Engineer - Cloud
Our client is a fast growing financial services business set up by some of the most influential names in the UK banking industry. Due to significant growth we are now seeking an additional permanent Network Security Engineer to be based at their new offices near Warrington.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Planning, engineering, and monitoring the security arrangements for the protection of the network, including cloud hosted systems (AWS)
- Identifying, monitoring, and defining the requirements of the overall security of the system.
- Creating threat detection systems.
- Creating solutions for existing threats and security issues.
- Configuring and implementing intrusion detection systems and firewalls.
- Maintaining firewalls, virtual private networks, web protocols, and email security.
- Configuring and installing security infrastructure devices.
- Testing and checking systems for weaknesses in software and hardware.
- Investigating intrusion and hacking incidents, collecting incident responses, and carrying out forensic investigations.
- Using industry-standard analysis criteria to test the security level of the firm.
- Defining and maintaining security policies.
Desirable Skills and experience:
- Good understanding of networking and security technologies and configuration (routers, switches, firewalls, IDS/IPS, DDoS, VPN, end-point devices)
- AWS / AD / GPO / DNS / DHCP / WINS
- Firewalls – Management and deployment, ideally WatchGuard and FortiGate
- Extensive experience in support of network development and maintenance, both LAN and WAN
- BSc Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent preferred - minimum apprenticeship / NVQ
- 3+ years of experience or knowledge with root level access to network devices
- Good understanding and working knowledge of SIM/SEIM tools
- Experience in event log analysis, network traffic packet capture and associated tools
- Deep functional experience with TCP/IP, DNS and related protocols in.
- Experience with current best practices in IT standards, principles, and security practices.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Is This You?
If the above describes you, then we want to speak with you. Send your CV to us and if you fit the bill then we will be in touch within 24 hours to discuss the role and our client in more detail.
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.
Dilectus Recruitment Solutions
The job: has been sent to: