You can save this job and apply at a later date.
If you are seeking a new career challenge I have an excellent opportunity for an engineering manager to take ownership of a high profile banking contract in Canary Wharf, my client is looking for someone ambitious with a vision to become the account manager in the near future.
Please see below a brief description of the role and the type of personality my client is looking for: -
Based at the UK headquarters of one of the world’s largest investment banks in canary Wharf.
· Looking for someone highly ambitious with the vision to move the contract on and implement new ideas and ways of working.
· The successful candidate will have excellent communication skills, liaising heavily with the engineering team, client and external contractors.
· They will need to be an extremely good man manager and leader of men/women with experience of managing large engineering teams ideally within a corporate banking environment.
· Need to be highly organised as the successful applicant will be responsible for 49 floors of tenants with all associated equipment and the plant rooms.
· The engineering team is made up of 4 x 4 shift teams, 4 man days team, 1 x shift manager, 1 x technical manager, 2 x fabric technicians, 1 x permit manager, 2 x contract support.
· There will be a lot of projects coming up so experience of running these will be highly advantageous.
- Provision of weekly out of hours overtime forecast for all critical maintenance activities.
- Responsible for line management approvals of Overtime and expense submissions.
- Support input to Asset Plan and Energy Conservation Plans.
- Manage multi million pound Projects involving asset replacement and new installations.
- Projects including the installation of increased resilience via UPS installation, major HV generator overhaul, replacement of data centre chillers, replacement of data centre sensible coolers and DRUPS major overhauls.
- LV Switchboard replacement and HV switchboard replacement projects.
- Provide management direction of site based teams, to include effective hiring, training, development, reward and recognition, holiday, absence and performance management in accordance with HR policies.
- Control and supervise contractors on site to ensure consistency of maintenance in line with contractual obligations.
· The basic salary is £70k to £75k per annum.
· 25 days holiday.
· The working hours are 8am to 5pm.
· Excellent pension contribution of between 10% & 12%.
· Parking on site.
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.
Optima Site Solutions Ltd
The job: has been sent to: