You can save this job and apply at a later date.
Mobile Maintenance Engineer (FM)
Kier Workplace Services provides specialist teams and technology solutions to help plan, manage and improve our clients’ workplaces. This provides our clients with access to solutions not readily available in their own organisations. It also enables our clients to focus on their core business, while Kier takes care of the rest.
Our key clients include the Royal Opera House, Royal Shakespeare Company, Legal and General, Kent County Council, Oldham Council, BAE and the London Borough of Southwark. We also work with a number of schools and academies, the Welsh Government and hold a major contract with the NHS in Yorkshire and Humber.
Mobile Maintenance Engineer (FM)
Kier Workplace Services is looking to recruit a professional and motivated Mobile Maintenance Engineer with proven experience of working in a multi-building prestigious site / portfolio.
As the successful candidate you will be based at Foley Street and will provide support / expertise to deliver a full maintenance service (including M&E reactive and planned maintenance) to the site as well as various other locations around the greater London area.
* To carry out the tasks assigned by the Contract Manager in relation to the activities generated by the FM Help Desk
* To carry out Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM) activities as directed
* To identify and report with immediate effect any statutory or critical plant failures that will give rise to a health and safety risk to building occupants, visitors or general members of the public
* To supervise and assist M&E sub contract labour wherever required
* To ensure that a suitable level of quality & workmanship is maintained
* To keep full records on site of all work carried out such as statutory requirements and contractors
* Carry out daily building inspections and report damages / faults
* Carry out reactive / proactive work
* Supervise and carry out monthly testing on water hygiene, emergency lights, FCU’s etc
* Ensure sufficient spares are available at all times
* Inspect and clean maintenance tools
* Maintain a safe working environment in the workshop
* Conduct office moves and small installations
* Manage a weekly client visit calendar to ensure the Contract Manager is aware of your movements
* Ensure good housekeeping practices are applied to areas under your control
Key Skills and Qualifications
* Proven relevant experience of working in a large multi building site preferably in a commercial environment
* Confidence and expertise to enable work to be undertaken in isolation alongside a good all-round knowledge of building maintenance
* Supervisory experience
* Customer focused with excellent customer liaison skills
* Time served electrically alongside strong mechanical experience
* Excellent communication skills both verbally and written
* Full awareness of Health and Safety legislation and how this affects working methods
* Experience of reactive maintenance / breakdowns
* 17th Edition C&G 2391
* Legionella Certificate L8
* Full drivers licence
Make the journey. Leave a legacy.
Being part of Kier means living our values of being collaborative, enthusiastic and forward thinking. We all have the potential to shape our world, and it’s through these values that we will leave a lasting legacy. Bring your talent and ambition to Kier and you will be given the scope and opportunity to invest in your own future, to build your expertise and contribute to a rich and diverse culture.
Kier is an inclusive employer
Let’s shape your world together
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.
The job: has been sent to: