You can save this job and apply at a later date.
Multi Skilled Maintenance Technician - Bradford
Job Title: Engineering Technician.
Responsible to: Maintenance Supervisor.
Purpose of Role: To work as part of a team to supply breakdown and maintenance/engineering support on site. Apply a logical approach to fault diagnosis and equipment repairs with a "future proof" mentality whilst ensuring departmental KPI`s are met. To actively get involved in projects to improve the efficiency of the plant. To be the electrical duty holder on-site and ensure compliance with the electricity at work regulations 1989.
Place in Organisation
Maintenance Engineering Technician
- Ensure that all Health and Safety requirements are strictly adhered to at all times.
- Strive to achieve departmental targets in relation to Health and Safety and meet continuously higher targets for accident reduction.
- To be the electrical duty holder on site ensuring compliance with the electricity at work regulations 1989
- Raise permits to work.
- Ensure all maintenance work complies with all health and safety statutory legislation.
- Work as a team to continuously improve standards of quality and customer satisfaction
- To develop the CMMS to help identify repeat failures and causes of large periods of downtime, use the information to establish true root cause and implement permanent fixesOperations:
- To develop and implement a proactive preventative maintenance system to minimise machine downtime
- To carry out electrical and mechanical fault-finding and repairs.
- Electrical installation, single and three-phase, panel-building, programming PLCs.
- Installation, repair and development of machinery and equipment.
Key Skills and Qualities:
- PLC experience essential - minimum ability: understanding of ladder logic, connection to and fault-finding "online" and diagnose Allen-Bradley PLCs; altering and amending where necessary of the PLC logic.
- Ability to work on pneumatic/hydraulic and mechanical equipment to required standards.
- Formal health and safety qualification - Minimum IOSH managing safely.
- High voltage authorised persons qualification.
- Electrical duty holder authorised person qualification.
- Time served electrical apprenticeship.
- Minimum 3 years` experience in a production maintenance environment with a multi-skilled approach.
- Experience of working on 3 phase Electrical systems.
- Experience of working on AC and DC motors and drives, ability to programme and fault find.
- Analytical, logical and methodical approach to problem solving.
- Computer literate.
- Working days shift Mon - Fri of 37.5 hours per week with a slight element of flexibility required with 34 days holiday per annum inc bank holidays.
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.
The Works Recruitment
The job: has been sent to: