You can save this job and apply at a later date.
Site Support and Test Engineer - Rail
Job title: Site Support and Test Engineer
Job location: Liverpool and Manchester
Shifts: Days. Minimum 50 hour weeks, potential weekend and overtime
- Daily rate - £26 - 50 hours guaranteed.
- Night rate - £29
- Saturday day - £30
- Saturday night - £32
- Sunday - day £35
- Sunday nigh - £37
- Accommodation paid at £80 a night.
- Travel at 0.26p per mile to and from site and anything in-between.
- If you work over 50 hours you will get 5 hours travel time to and from site at the beginning and end of the week.
Duration: 6-12 months with possible extension
Start date: immediate.
Leading manufacturer of passenger information systems within the rail sector operating throughout the world,
The role as a test engineer will require you to attend trail depots both in Liverpool and Manchester and conduct static and dynamic testing of passenger information systems fitted to brand new UK rolling stock with an emphasis on fault finding and fault diagnosis using software, and Linux commands.
• Fault finding and fault diagnosis of passenger information systems.
• Support and report issues by e-mail and phone to Belgium on a daily basis.
• Writing engineering reports.
• Liaise with customers and suppliers to solve engineering problems.
• Apprenticeship / City and Guilds or Degree / HND in relevant engineering qualification.
• Qualification or good understanding of Linux
• Rail experience highly desirable.
PLEASE NOTE ALL APPLICANTS MUST BE ABLE TO PASS A DRUGS AND ALCOHOL TESTBEFORE BEING OFFERED A POSITION.
Please note due to the volume of applications, we can only commit to contact those candidates we deem suitable for the position. However, we may retain your details and contact you in the future should suitable positions arise.
Please note the above job specification could be subject to change as agreed with our client.
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.
The job: has been sent to: