You can save this job and apply at a later date.
Engineering Manager - electronics
Electronics Design Engineering Manager
£50-70k + benefits
The nature of the role is to build, grow and develop a team of engineers and be accountable for the delivery of electronic products for the automotive electric vehicle industry - product concept to production.
More – electronics design engineering manager
Technology / Knowledge -
* It would require a proven and experienced engineer ideally with a background in electronics design (an apreciation of power electronics would be great)
* A systems level understanding along with the ability to aid with product architecture and future product road-maps would be preferred
Industry - Experience gained within automotive electronics product development would be strongly preferred
Management - Team size currently 2 but looking to grow to around 9 engineers by the end of 2019
This is a good opportunity for a proven electronics team leader or electronics engineering manager with a product design background to join a growing automotive electronics company within vehicle market. This company is an established international electronics company and is expanding its electric vehicle systems capability in the UK.
Required Skills / Knowledge: electronics design engineering manager
* A Degree / Masters or PhD in a relevant subject (electrical / electronic engineering, computer science, mechatronics) ideally with some relevant content focused towards power, analogue or automotive electronics systems.
* Good knowledge and previous experience of electronic product development to include analogue design and low or high power electronics design
* Automotive electronics design experience is a strong preference. Other high reliability or safety critical domain experience may be considered (e.g. aerospace, defence, rail etc)
* Good communication skills, team player and able to work in a small team environment
* Experience of and the ability to build, train and develop a team of electronics design engineers (team leader, lead / principal engineer or engineering manager)
* Experience of schematic capture and ideally PCB layout as well as board development and analysis (use of tools such as OrCAD, Altium, etc)
Others (some of the following would be great) – electronics manager:
* Knowledge of intelligent active gate drivers, active gate driver design, WBG devices or similar would be fantastic.
* Experience of electric vehicle / hybrid vehicle systems would be a strong advantage
* Power semiconductor gate driver development (SiC, MOSFET, IGBT)
* The ability to manage projects may be useful
* Knowledge of FPGA / ASIC design isn’t required but again may be useful
* Electronics development and test (HALT, ALT, EMC, reliability)
* Understanding of functional safety or working within regulations such as ISO26262, IEC 61508 etc
Electronics design engineering manager - The role would suit a degree / masters or PhD qualified engineer with industry experience that includes leading and managing small or large teams of electronics design engineers. Automotive industry experience is a strong preference.
The role is commutable from Birmingham, Solihull, Coventry, Leamington Spa, Kenilworth, Redditch, Sutton Colfdfield, Tamworth and Nuneaton
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.
Marcus Webb Associates Limited
The job: has been sent to: