You can save this job and apply at a later date.
Purpose of the Engineering Manager role –
* Ensure the efficient introduction of new equipment, manufacturing areas and products.
* Drive operational continuous improvement, to enable the business meet with demanding commercial targets.
* Liaise with key stakeholders, to help deliver new projects.
* Apply technical expertise within the development and improvement of products, manufacturing processes, systems and suppliers.
Engineering Manager responsibilities include -
* Supervise detailed plans, in which engineering deliver production improvements and implement Lean manufacturing tools and techniques.
* Ensure that new automation, equipment and products are aligned to customer demands.
* Adhere to and the Health & Safety precautions and guidelines on site.
* Make sure that the Engineering Team and other production departments work efficiently to help reach the required targets.
* Manage the Production Engineers work schedules and the budgets related to New Product Introduction and the development/introduction of new manufacturing equipment and processes on site.
* Support suppliers effectively, to help ensure high levels of quality and cost reductions.
* Identify and implement new technological and manufacturing improvements, aimed at improving product quality, reducing manufacturing costs and maximising the overall company profitability.
* Review and manage KPI’s with OEE, to help optimise performance.
* Manage the Manufacturing Team, prioritising tasks in line with Production requirements.
* Lead NPI reviews, highlighting and managing key areas to the project team.
Engineering Manager desirable skills/experience/attributes -
* Experience within a similar position.
* Experience directing large-scale engineering projects.
* Able to manage strategic and short term projects within a dynamic environment.
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills, able to communicate well with all teams and clients.
* Natural problem solver and pro-active work ethic.
* Able to lead a teams and help drive continuous improvement.
* Excellent organisational skills and able to plan/drive lean manufacturing.
* Relevant manufacturing/engineering education - Ideally Six Sigma Green Belt
Engineering Manager position benefits –
* Competitive salary.
* Strong annual leave and pension package.
* Friendly working environment.
* Working for a leading and ever growing manufacturing business.
If interested in this position, please apply through this advert immediately.
Please note, if your application is suitable, one of our consultants will call you within 5 working days. If you have not heard from us within this time, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful, however we will keep your CV on file to consider you for future opportunities.
ASC Connections is a leading recruitment business specialising within areas of Technical, Business and IT services. We operate as an Employment Business or an Employment Agency for all temporary and permanent roles respectively.
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.
The job: has been sent to: