You can save this job and apply at a later date.
The MEL Group are family run, with a realistic goal to be a 100 million a year business. We are a total engineering solution provider to the global aerospace and defence market and to industry in general.
An opportunity has arisen for a Manual Grinder to join the team at Redmayne Engineering based in Lymington, Hampshire.
You will be responsible for:
- Set and operate universal manual grinding machines (Myford, Tos Hostivar and Jones-Shipman).
- Grinding of components using magnetic chuck, 3-jaw chuck fixtures and between centres. (internal and external grinding).
- Grinding of aerospace components to ensure parts are to drawing specification and of an acceptable standard. Qualified to a respectable Level.
- Use of various inspection equipment, to determine size geometric tolerance and surface finish.
- Small batch work working to engineering drawings and Route card.
- CNC grinding and centreless experience would be an advantage, but training is available.
Essential Personal Skills / Attributes:
- Must be vigilant and diligent, with a good attention to detail, and able to maintain high standard of quality.
- To understand and interpret requirements accurately, by effective questioning, listening, clarification and implementing of information.
- Effective communication skills (verbal and written)
- To have basic PC skills to ensure electronic system is kept up to date.
- An industrious and enquiring individual working alone or as part of a team, without direct supervision
- A willingness to learn new skills and advance their potential to becoming a competent and flexible member of the manufacturing team, and progress continuous improvement.
- Must have experience within a precision grinding environment
- Good knowledge of grinding wheel grades, types, and cutting data.
This is a permanent role, working 39 hours per week, Monday to Friday.
In return you will have the support to develop and grow within an ever-expanding company, with benefits such as 22 days holiday plus bank holidays, pension scheme and free parking.
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.
The MEL Group
The job: has been sent to: