Amazon opened its virtual doors in 1995 and strives to be the world’s most customer-centric company, where customers can find and discover anything they might want to buy online.
Amazon Logistics is experiencing unprecedented growth and is looking to hire an experienced, innovative, hands-on, and customer-obsessed Project Manager that will be responsible and own all the network wide projects from concept to handover across the whole network of sites. Due to the continued expansion strategy this will include new site launches, dilapidations and projects deemed critical to the business from an engineering and facilities perspective. Full UK legal and statutory compliance knowledge to ensure al projects detail exceed the standards and align, develop the existing process and concept.
- Ability to design, specify and layout MHE from manual to automated solutions
- Ability to effectively influence, negotiate, and communicate with internal and external business partners, contractors and vendors.
- Ability to function well in a fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to provide leadership and technical guidance to field personnel – Experience in Lean Manufacturing, six sigma and/or Toyota Manufacturing System.
- Ability to financially justify and deliver complex solutions to capacity restraints.
- Ability to be able to switch from a ‘strategic view’ to a ‘hands on’ approach.
- Ability to lead, multi-faceted projects involving multiple disciplines in a fast paced environment
- Lead and coordinate design efforts between internal teams and outside vendors to develop optimal solutions for Amazon Logistical network, including equipment specifications and Fulfillment Centre (FC) layouts.
- Capital project management to include - Creation of conceptual drawings, equipment specifications and bid documentation to facilitate a competitive bid environment
- Provide frequent on-site monitoring and enforcement of installation schedules and vendor quality with MHE vendors/subcontractors.
- Inspect prospective and completed facilities in accordance with corporate standards and procedures, ensuring proper follow-up on snagging lists and warranty work
- Provide leadership and coordination between internal departments and MHE vendors for multiple installation sites.
- Develop and manage budget and contract documents including RFPs, change order controls, purchase orders, and invoicing
- Coordinate with local site management to ensure proper operator training, procedural compliance, maintenance practices are followed for new and existing MHE equipment
- Creating, submitting and tracking the relevant Capex documentation to ensure that all projects are delivered on time and within budget.
- Work very closely with the UK Real Estate, IT and Process teams together with the software and Operations Integration teams to ensure on time project delivery.
- Understand the Operational process in detail, including the all the relevant WMS tools used on a daily basis.
B.S. Degree in Engineering or related discipline.
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.