You can save this job and apply at a later date.
Lead/Chief Design Draughtsman
- Lead and mentor CAD draughting team.
- Senior level “go-to person” for all Solid Edge modelling and draughting issues.
- Oversee the daily activities of the draughting team, to ensure that the team is working within the agreed project plan, and ensuring all project goals and objectives are being met.
- Produce detailed drawings from 3D models and design concepts.
- Orient, train and check the draughting work of engineers and CAD draughters.
- Develop and promote the use of CAD / PLM best practices.
- Infuse best-in-class draughting disciplines and processes in to the operation.
- Check and verify accuracy and completeness of all finished drawings.
- Ensure draughting technical details to BS 8888.
- Manager the engineering design change control.
- Administration of CAD and PLM software.
- Chair / attend regular departmental review meetings and distribute minutes of these meetings to the draughting team and Director of Engineering.
Key skills and qualifications
- 8-10 years relevant CAD draughting experience
- Degree qualified in a relevant discipline including mechanical/electrical/product design or be able to demonstrate work at an appropriate level.
- Proficiency in Solid Edge software
- Possesses and applies extensive knowledge of draughting standards and expertise with Solid Edge to the completion of complex assignments.
- Understanding of design process, design research, prototyping and manufacturing processes.
- Clear leadership qualities and demonstrated success in change management.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Previous experience within an engineering or manufacturing company preferred.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Basic salary circa £40k based on experience.
- Company Incentive scheme.
- Salary Sacrifice Pension Plan with 7.5% employer contributions and a death in service policy.
- 22 days holiday, plus statutory days.
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.
Flow Control Engineering
The job: has been sent to: