You can save this job and apply at a later date.
Mechanical and Electrical Technician
We are currently looking for a Multi skilled Technician to join our engineering team based in Barrow in Furness.
To manage, operate and maintain all planned and unplanned mechanical engineering activities to ensure the efficient running and operation of plant, assets and systems across the site. Supporting sites as part of a multi-disciplined team. The primary purpose of the role is to provide both Reactive and Planned Preventative Maintenance. Supporting the Asset Manager in developing and testing theoretical designs. The individual is expected to be able to manage his/her own workload. Making customers’ lives easier.
To primarily support the Maintenance Supervisor by diligently managing and carrying out planned and unplanned mechanical / maintenance activities whilst working a shift rota and 24 hour call-out roster. The contract scope includes HVAC, Electrical, Mechanical, Plumbing, Fabric, Water Hygiene and Grounds Maintenance
- Work in accordance with a planned shift rota and call-out system
- To carry out / manage specialist contractors in Reactive / Planned Preventative Maintenance and repair on a variety of plant and equipment including but not limited to: Heating and ventilation equipment and controls, Industrial boilers, generators and associated pipe work, maintenance to compressed air systems, water systems and plumbing, purified Water, drainage systems.
- Ensure that spares and materials are used in a cost-effective manner.
- Ensures, with appropriate EHS&Q/compliance input, that Risk Assessments and Method Statements are carried out in advance of any engineering work taking place.
- Assist in liaising with Process Units to organise necessary shutdowns in order to perform planned or unplanned maintenance.
- Read and assist in the interpretation of technical drawings, schematics, and computer-generated reports.
- Confer with engineers and other personnel to implement operating procedures, resolve system malfunctions and provide technical information.
- Assist in specifying system components or direct modification of products to ensure conformance with legislation, environmental and performance specifications.
- Investigate equipment failures and difficulties to diagnose faulty operation, and to make recommendations to the Supervisor / Manager.
- Oversee installation, operation, maintenance, and repair to ensure that machines and equipment are installed and functioning according to specifications.
- Establish and coordinate the maintenance and safety procedures, service schedule, and supply of materials required to maintain machines and equipment in the prescribed condition.
- Identify and report all asset associated issues including risk.
- Identify work practices which could be improved and raise the necessary approvals to implement said change.
- This position requires an appropriate craft qualification (NVQ Level 3 or equivalent)
- Solid experience within a similar role
- Ability to fault find and diagnose via drawings and relevant information
- Appropriate Gas qualifications (Gas Safe etc.) if required for role
- Knowledge of the Agility system or other CMMS system would be an advantage
- Understanding and experience of working in a Lean Manufacturing environment
- An understanding of Asset Management and PAS 55 systems an advantage
- Understanding of service industry culture and responsive to Client needs
- Planning / Scheduling and Asset Management
- Valid full UK driving licence
- Knowledge of Legionella, and Permit to Work system
- Understanding of legislative compliance
- Good all round knowledge of Facility Management and Building Service Engineer
- Must be able to demonstrate a successful track record in the field of assurance / health and
safety and environment
Other Factors relevant to the job:
- There is an expectation that this role will be included within a call-out rota
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.
The job: has been sent to: