Site Service Engineer – Refrigeration and Air-Conditioning/Multi-Skilled
A large facilities maintenance contractor currently recruiting an AC Engineer to work on a large manufacturing site on a permanent basis.
This is a static/site based role at our Filton site.
Duties to include, but not limited to;
- Undertaking maintenance, service and repair of Air-Conditioning and Refrigeration equipment such as split-systems, VRVs, fridges/freezers, walk-in cold-rooms, small chillers etc..
- Undertaking maintenance, service and repair of AHUs and ventilation equipment
- Undertaking various FM tasks within their capabilities on various M&E equipment. Carrying out tasks such as basic plumbing issues, basic fabric issues etc.
- Assisting other members of the team as and when required.
- Ensuring statutory site logbooks are continually updated.
- Managing their own workload in lines of ensuring works are undertaken on-time; that any parts required are ordered promptly etc.
- Taking ownership and accountability in seeing tasks though, to ensure they are undertaken efficiently and effectively.
- Communicating with the Site Supervisor, Sub-Contractors and Suppliers for quotations and parts requirements etc.
- Communicating with, and updating the customer on various levels
- Using the Concept Evolution computer system to accept, update and complete tasks (Training will be given)
- Undertaking QSHE requirements such as Near Miss and Hazard reporting
- Partaking in the stand-by/call-out rota (currently 1 in 6 weeks and is subject to change in-lines with business needs). – NOTE: Engineers cover sites during stand-by.
Qualifications / Candidate profile
- Qualifications such as NVQ within Refrigeration and Air-Conditioning; with F-Gas 2079 cat 1.
- Time-served, with good all round proven experience of the maintenance, service and repair of Air-Conditioning and Refrigeration equipment such as split-systems, VRVs, fridges/freezers, walk-in cold-rooms, small chillers etc.
- Qualifications and training additional to that of Refrigeration and Air-Conditioning would be very advantageous; such as electrical, gas or plumbing..
- Good all round experience of the maintenance, service and repair of air handling and ventilation equipment.
- This is a multi-skilled role; so we ideally want someone with good all round experience within the Facilities Maintenance industry.
- Willingness to undertake works outside of core hours to fulfil business and customer requirements. (Overtime opportunities)
- Health and Safety conscious.
- Basic I.T. literacy in order to manage tasks via Concept Evolution. (Basic training would be given on Concept Evolution)
- Customer focused. – “Can do” attitude. – Self-Motivated.
- Ability to work as part of a team; and also on their own.
- Additional training that would be advantageous, would be IPAF licence, PASMA training, L8 (Legionella Awareness) training..
- Driving Licence required.
Hours / Salary;
40 hours per week – Monday-Thursday 07.30am-4.30pm & Friday 7.30am-1.30pm
Stand-by rota currently 1 in 6. £65 per week. 4 hour minimum call-out, and payment rate dependant on the time of day/day of week.
Site Based (No Vehicle) – The site comprises of 2 modern buildings, with 90% manufacturing area, and 10% office area within each.
Minimum of 6 months probationary period
Health care option after 12 months service
23 days holiday per annum, plus statutory bank holidays
Salary range: £28k up-to £32k per annum depending on qualifications and experience.