An ambitious Senior Engineer is required to help develop the infrastructure capability of a growing Civil department.
The successful candidate will have extensive experience of Autodesk Civil 3D, Microdrainage and AutoCAD and will be keen to mentor graduate engineers / technicians in both technical design aspects and BIM software integration.
A thorough understanding of earthworks design, below ground foul and surface water drainage design, pavement design, external works and 3D underground services co-ordination is required.
Be highly proficient in AutoCAD, Autodesk Civil 3D and/or Microdrainage.
Principal responsibilities and accountabilities :
- Perform all technical and departmental duties as listed above.Keep up to date with drainage design trends / customer awareness / design techniques.
- Review specialist subcontractor’s supplier’s production drawings for technical compliance with design intent.
- Carry out technical design reviews/critiques of projects in progress.
- Role definition and person specification :
- HNC/ HND Civil Engineering and / or recognised Engineering Degree
- Professional membership of an appropriate body (CIHT, ICE, IHE etc.) would be beneficial
- Full UK Driving Licence
Technical skills and experience :
- Technically competent in all aspects of Infrastructure design and co-ordination
Ideally the candidate will have demonstrable experience of the following :
- Storm, foul and process drainage network design
- Attenuation solutions and / or specification
- Planning, designing and implementing SUDS
- Ground level modelling and underground services coordination using Civils 3D
- Flexible and rigid pavement design
- Independent liaison with statutory authorities
- Undertaking Private and Public Highways (S38), Adoptable Public Sewers (S104) and Highway Improvement Works (S278) agreements
Please contact Paul Clarke for a confidential discussion about the prospects on offer with this business (phone number removed) / (phone number removed)