Looking for something different in your career? Join Raytheon in Manchester and make a real difference in the fight against cyber-crime.
You’ll be part of a team that embraces Agile working to deliver superior solutions to protect our global customers’ critical infrastructures from the most complex cyber threats. Customer security is at stake. So our work is vitally important.
We are always continuing to try to improve our systems with new projects becoming available to work on with cutting-edge tech. You’ll be working as a team of specialist developers, testers and analysts to design, develop and maintain critical cyber applications and systems to support government, law enforcement and commercial customers contributing to the development of solutions using the latest technologies.
This is an opportunity to innovate and try new things; to fearlessly challenge and question; to learn and progress in an inclusive and supportive culture; to be rewarded for the vital contribution you make.
- Apply test skills and experience within the context of an Agile software delivery team;
- Act as test & integration lead for small/medium programmes or subsystems within larger programmes;
- Define and manage test environments; create and manage test data; define and manage test tools;
- Manage creation of automated and manual test scripts
- Produce test and deployment strategies and plans in compliance with customer project guidelines
- Produce deployment packages appropriate for support estimation of test activities
- Support test team interactions with the wider development team and assist in the resolution of issues
- Support the development team at formal and artefact reviews as necessary
- Provide defect and code quality metrics to the programme
- Understanding of the systems engineering lifecycle and demonstrable evidence of relevant test methodologies and toolsets
- Experience of deploying and configuring complex software undner Linux
- Experience of virtualisation (e.g. VMWare and Hyper-V)
- Requirement verification and validation for software based systems
- Test specification development
- Test script preparation
- Experience of test automation frameworks and tools such as Selenium (Nightwatch, Frameworkium), Cypress, Eggplant, PostMan, Cucumber and Robot.
- Production of test plans and reports using applicable tools
- Experience of working in an Agile/SCRUM/DevOps delivery model
Experience of Continuous Integration; Experience of AWS or Azure; Linux system administration skills
Good interpersonal skills for customer and partner liaison; Good written and oral communication skills; Good time management, organisation and prioritisation skills; An inquisitive mind and a desire to promote innovation; Desire to learn and constantly expand your horizons; Ability to work closely with others in a small team; Ability to work under pressure; High degree of initiative and flexibility; Willingness to travel if required
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.