You can save this job and apply at a later date.
Software Engineer (Entry level)
* Raytheon are holding our first Tech Cyber 'Meet up' Group in Manchester on Thursday 20th June at Social 7, The Landing, Blue, Media City, Salford, M50 2ST. Come along at 6pm to hear two tech speakers and to find out more about Raytheon UK. Register today at 'Eventbrite' and search for Raytheon events.
About the role…
A fantastic opportunity to join Raytheon UK in our rapidly growing Cyber Innovation Team based in Greater Manchester. We have a wide range of vacancies in our expanding Software Development Team. We operate an Agile/Scrum methodology and you will be involved in the full software development lifecycle, developing solutions using the latest technologies. Working for Raytheon you will be part of a growing team, working alongside world class partner organizations. Raytheon supports on-going professional development through both formal and on-the-job training to help you develop your career and maximize your potential.
Main duties of the position
Basic Objective: To design, develop and maintain mission critical applications and systems
• Design and develop product functionality, user interfaces and performance improvements
• Document designs and advise on product support material
• Investigate product issues and develop solutions to customer issues
• Contribute to the innovation of new products and services for our customer base
• Develop test plans and methodologies to ensure developed products meet Raytheon quality standards
• Be involved in, committed to and part of the continuous improvement of software applications and systems
What we are looking for…
Skills in one or more of the following:
Java application development
C/C++ based application development in a Linux environment
node.js, angular.js, HTML5/CSS3
Application development using Java orientated middleware, for example, JEE,
Spring, Hibernate, Apache Camel
Software application development utilizing RDBMS (e.g. Oracle/MySQL) and/or
unstructured persistence layers, (e.g. ElasticSearch, MongoDB )
Experience Working in an Agile/SCRUM/DevOps delivery model
Experience of scripting languages; Perl, Python, ruby
Experience with high performance distributed systems
Experience of Big Data Analytics and Visualization
Experience in secure development techniques and tools that produce secure systems
Understanding of virtualization (e.g. VMWare and Hyper-V)
Experience of PKI and encryption techniques
Good interpersonal skills for customer liaison
Good written and oral communication skills
Good time management, organization and prioritization skills
An inquisitive mind and a desire to promote innovation
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.