You can save this job and apply at a later date.
Senior Aircraft Mechanical Design Engineer
Senior Aircraft Mechanical Design Engineer - Must be eligable for UK Security Clearance and have previous aircraft mechanical design experience.
Raytheon UK, Airborne Solutions
The Senior Mechanical Design Engineer's are required to undertake a number of positions at varying levels within the Design Team of Raytheon, Airborne ISR . The role will support structural and mechanical design and repair activities in support of aircraft modification programmes within Raytheon Systems Limited, Airborne ISR based at RSL Broughton. These positions require knowledge and experience of design lifecycle management in aircraft programmes , engineering management practices and processes, mechanical systems design and design for manufacturing. The successful candidates will be part of the growing Airborne ISR Team which delivers aviation engineering expertise across a wide range of projects to both military and civil customers worldwide.
Summary of Role:
The Senior Aircraft Mechanical Systems Design Engineer will be part of a multi-disciplinary team based at Broughton near Chester and report to the Head of Mechanical Engineering, within Raytheon Airborne ISR.
They will be responsible for:
- Taking ownership of aircraft modification packages throughout the entire design lifecycle.
- Developing modification proposals with OEMs for Aircraft structural and mechanical modifications and enhancements.
- Progressing structural and mechanical design modifications in accordance with regulatory requirements.
- Production of and technical reviewing of the aircraft document set.
- Analysis of structural and mechanical flight systems design issues, determination of actions and solutions.
- Progressing Customer tasking through to completion, identifying risks and opportunities.
Liaison with OEM’s on defect investigations and corrective actions.
- Managing modifications to aircraft by planning and administration of the design Processes.
- Providing structural and mechanical design knowledge.
- Liaising with Systems, Avionics and Stress Engineers and coordinating subcontractors and Drawing Office activities.
- Dissemination of data to all interested parties.
- Ensuring that all engineering activities undertaken are conducted in accordance with Raytheon UK and site procedures that reflects best practice and is in accordance with Raytheon UK and the relevant governance agencies procedures.
Education and Experience
Proven experience in Aircraft and aircraft systems structural design & engineering.
Working experience of requirements capture & management and risk management.
Working experience of aerospace design regulations.
Eligible for or Holder of current SC security clearance (RSL will sponsor as required)
Raytheon UK is a subsidiary of Raytheon Company. We are a prime contractor and major supplier to the UK Ministry of Defence and have developed strong capabilities in mission systems integration in defence, National & Cyber security and commercial markets. Raytheon UK also designs, develops and manufactures a range of high-technology electronic systems and software solutions at its facilities in Harlow, Glenrothes, Gloucester, Manchester Waddington and Broughton
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.
The job: has been sent to: