You can save this job and apply at a later date.
PAVEMENT TECHNICAL DESIGN ENGINEERING MANAGER
PAVEMENT TECHNICAL DESIGN ENGINEERING MANAGER – MARKET LEADER WITHIN BUILT ENVIRONMENT SECTOR
“Support Commercial & Bid Teams, with the provision and management of project technical design services, including managing pavement assessment, design of new pavements and rehabilitation of existing pavements to Specifiers, Architects and Major Civil Engineering Project Consultancies.”
c£45-50000 + Car, Bonus & Blue-Chip Benefits
Our client is a market leader in the supply of materials for pavement design and works with the UK’s leading civil engineering consultancies, specifiers, architects and main contractors.
You will report to the UK Technical Director. Working closely with Commercial & Bid teams you will provide technical design services including pavement assessment, new pavement design and rehabilitation of existing pavements.
This is a fantastic role for an innovative and creative technical pavement designer to get involved from tender stage, interpreting the client’s design and identifying the most appropriate asphalt product from our client’s market leading product portfolio for inclusion at proposal through to final presentation stage. Therefore, you may be experienced in delivering CPD presentations as part of the design specification process working with Architects, Civil Engineering Design Consultancies, Specifiers, and Designers. Most importantly you will be highly technical adept in relation to asphalt materials and asphalt technology. This is a national role.
- Improve the business ability to successfully differentiate contract bids through innovative pavement design.
- Promote the use of Hydraulically Bound Materials (HBMs) in pavement design to designers and specifiers.
- Support Regional Operational Teams and other partners as appropriate on alternative pavement designs (including foundation level improvements via HBMs or Stabilisation).
- Influence clients and consultants in the best interests of our client with due regard to profit, performance and risk management.
- Support customers and specifiers in providing advice on pavement and foundation design solutions.
- Technically lead the service offering to selected external companies in conjunction with Regional Commercial teams.
- Working closely with appropriate Regional Commercial teams to provide innovative solutions from an extensive product range and lead new approaches that differentiate bids, ensuring optimum profitability.
- Linking with Regional Materials Managers and Area Technical Managers to ensure business profitability is optimised in relation to material and product availability / selection.
- Formulating business strategy and application protocols for market leading product development and promotion.
- High level technical vetting, major contract support and major technical issue resolution involvement as necessary.
- Development and support of Regional Technical Managers in relation to innovative pavement design options.
- Play a lead role in the Technical Centre team in terms of maximising identification, development and utilisation of technical innovation
- Design input to expansion of our client’s pavement product range.
- Technical presentations to clients as necessary.
- Regular contribution to full technical centre projects and developments.
- Preparation and roll out of best practice knowledge with regard to laying techniques and capabilities.
The Ideal Candidate:
- University degree educated in Engineering or Materials Science. Ideally a chartered engineer.
- Pavement Engineering Diploma or similar
- Asphalt Technology related qualifications
- Expertise in Pavement Technical Design or Technical Product Support either in highways or airfield applications.
- This experience may have been gained within Engineering Consultancy or Architect or Major Projects Consultancy or Pavement/Asphalt Materials Manufacturer
- Strong knowledge of Quality Assurance systems and procedures in relation to Pavement Design and Asphalt Technology
- Strong knowledge of current asphalt product testing methods
- Knowledge of hydraulically bound materials would be useful
- A strong knowledge of current relevant EN specifications
- A detailed knowledge of Main Contractor site operations and issues / constraints.
- Excellent planning, organising and time management skills.
- Strong confident personality with excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills in order to communicate successfully with customers, colleagues, specifiers and contractors etc.
- Strong presentation skills, experienced in delivering CPD presentations to Specifiers, Architects, Civil Engineering Consultancies and Main Contractors.
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.
The Martin Veasey Partnership
The job: has been sent to: