You can save this job and apply at a later date.
Service Engineer of Drive Train on Rolling Stock
Power Train Service Engineer £41K
The key responsibility of the Service Engineer is to maintain and repair power train equipment for passenger rail trains.
Key Duties & Tasks:
1. Travel to field-based job sites to troubleshoot and repair and associated products.
2. Responsible for the installation, maintenance, repairs and troubleshooting and its associated products.
3. Work with various departments to address concerns and issues that may arise at the depot from our customer.
4. Document service visits and generate reports with action items.
5. Carry out all reasonable instructions received from immediate line Manager and or Senior Staff.
6. Work to and support all relevant 5S activities.
7. Ensure work area at the depot is left clean and tidy after completing a repair.
8. Provide technical assistance related to Company actions via phone and email queries.
9. Follow standard work operating procedures for pre- and post-service preparation (submit personal expense reports, develop service reports, making travel arrangements).
10. Follow all Environmental Health and Safety policies and procedures.
11. Communicate distributor feedback to company management.
12. Work to achieve the goals and targets as set by the Service department.
13. Involvement in New Product Development.
14. work along side service engineers.
College educated i.e. City & Guilds, HND Diploma, NVQ qualification
Background in train manufacturing
5 years minimum experience within related industries
Practical Problem-Solving Skills
40 hours a week company van and specialised tools supplied (your are expected to have your own set of generic mechanical hand tools)
If you would like anymore information get in touch with Ed on 01332 343 240 or just follow the page to apply for the position.
Fusion People are committed to promoting equal opportunities to people regardless of age, gender, religion, belief, race, sexuality or disability. We operate as an employment agency and employment business.
You'll find a wide selection of vacancies on our website.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.
The job: has been sent to: