You can save this job and apply at a later date.
Mechanical Maintenance Engineer
Mechanical Engineer / Mechanical Technician role works on an alternating early/late day shift, Mon-Fri 0600-1400 one week / 1400-2200 the following week. There are no nights involved.
Mechanical Engineer / Mechanical Technician – Job Purpose:
• To carry out maintenance activities in order to maximise the reliability, efficiency and safety of production equipment.
• To be involved in continuous improvement projects on equipment to give internal and external customer benefits.
Mechanical Engineer / Mechanical Technician - Duties and Accountabilities:
• Carry out routine preventative maintenance tasks on critical plant items.
• Carry out repairs to equipment as required and assist with further improvements to maximise equipment effectiveness.
• Ongoing involvement on project work, including new equipment installations and refurbishment projects as required.
• Carry out equipment modifications and improvements to meet changing production requirements.
• Carry out all work to agreed safety standards and procedures.
• Involvement in continuous improvement projects to improve productivity.
Mechanical Engineer / Mechanical Technician - Person Requirements:
• Ideally apprenticeship-served mechanical based engineering technician or equivalent
• Broad based general engineering workshop skills including welding (MIG / MMA), machining, fabrication and sheet metal work, general fault finding, breakdown repairs and experience of hydraulics, pneumatics, pumps, fans, mechanical drives
• Safety aware, conscientious and reliable.
• Adaptable and flexible approach to be able to deal with many varied maintenance tasks.
Get the latest jobs straight to your inbox with Job AlertsCreate Alert
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.
The job: has been sent to: