HGV Technicians (Birmingham)
NEW YEAR, NEW CHALLENGE ???
The Hartshorne Group is one of the leading commercial vehicle distributors for the West Midlands, East Midlands, Shropshire and Staffordshire. We provide full parts & service facilities for Volvo Truck & Bus as well as new and used sales, plus a diverse range of associated services.
We are currently recruiting for a HGV technician at our brand new Birmingham depot.
HGV Technician Description
To carry out fault diagnosis, service and repairs to Volvo repair standards, recognise repairs that require specialist skills, report any additional work found to Production Controller / Workshop Supervisor. Complete repair order write up, service report sheets and production card information.
Alternate weeks AM / PM shifts, alternate Saturday mornings. Call out rota. The hours are:
Week One - 06.00am until 14.30pm
Week Two - 14.00pm until 22.30pm.
We would consider an individual on a permanent late shift.
HGV Technician Requirements
- Qualifications required City & Guilds part 1 & 2 / BTEC / IMI / NVQ in motor vehicle management or equivalent practical experience in the commercial vehicle industry.
- HGV Licence advantageous but not essential.
- Experience essential.
- Volvo product training programme.
- Excellent hourly rates (and overtime rates).
- Excellent contributory pension scheme.
- Comprehensive health care scheme.
- Fully equipped workshop.
- Friendly & professional working team.
- Holidays increase with length of service.
If you're looking to join a business with good employment prospects, where you can progress, develop and make a difference to your career, then Hartshorne could be for you.
We are always recruiting “Great” HGV Technicians and “Talented” people.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.