What your new role will entail:
Our thriving, multidisciplinary Water Engineering team in Belfast are looking for a Senior or Principal Process Engineer. The team are delivering an exciting portfolio of water programmes and projects through long term frameworks with key clients, including; Uisce Éireann, Northern Ireland Water (NIW) and other major UK water companies (Thames Water, Severn Trent Water, Wessex Water), principal contractors and various international projects.
This role provides a great opportunity to develop your career as a technical expert, delivering solutions on a diverse range of projects that meet the technical challenges of today and tomorrow.
- Process Design: Undertake the design and review of hydraulic systems in wastewater and water infrastructure / treatment
- Quality: Produce and review client deliverables, make key technical decisions and identify when specialist input from the greater team is required
- Collaborate with clients and AECOM counterparts to ensure stakeholder buy-in to solutions, also contributing to AECOM’s wider technical capability and innovative approach
- Mentor: Delegate tasks, direct and oversee the work of others and act as a technical mentor to more junior staff
Day to day tasks:
- Develop and check process flow diagrams, mass balance calculations, PID’s, process control, operating philosophy, control philosophy, FDS documents and the principles therein.
- Ensure all technical documents and data are prepared and structured in accordance with relevant design standards and legislation.
- Assist with the checking the work of junior staff.
- Undertake survey and assessments of existing process/equipment (asset surveys); site visits to complete if required.
- Provide process commissioning support to site teams, if appropriate.
- Represent AECOM in technical meetings with clients and work with engineers from other disciplines, ensuring an appropriate integrated solution.
Being part of the team:
You will work closely with civil, mechanical, electrical and geotechnical engineers to deliver a variety of interesting small and large wastewater projects from concept to delivery. Many of the project teams are UK wide, offering an excellent, unbeatable opportunity to lead a diverse, technically excellent team.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit jobsaware.co.uk.