Are you an innovative robotics engineer? Join us and push the boundaries of what is possible on farms.
We are looking for a talented candidate with a proven track record of delivering innovative technology to join us and shape the future of farming. We have an ambitious goal to feed the world in a sustainable, environmentally-friendly way, and you will play a key part.
Based out of the Central Research Laboratory in West London, you will work alongside our CTO and engineering team to develop our current prototypes and create new ones. You will use your experience to push the boundaries of robotics products in the agricultural industry, and in doing so, become an integral part of the business.
As a small company, we have a unique opportunity to ensure our teams are diverse and inclusive from day one. We know outstanding results occur when unique individuals from diverse backgrounds come together and this is something we are keen to cultivate as our company grows. We welcome candidates from every community.
What you'll do
As a Robotics Engineer at Muddy Machines, you will:
- Work with 3D and image data to locate different crop types
- Develop algorithms to target crop with our custom harvest tools
- Collaborate with other engineers across disciplines to deliver brilliant solutions
- Work across all product stages, from research and development to implementation, field trials and delivery
- Conduct regular testing and field trials throughout the year to test the performance of your technologies
- Ideally, you will possess a first-class degree in Robotics, Engineering, Computer Science, or related field. A relevant PhD is not necessary but would be advantageous
- 4+ years of experience working with 3D cameras and 3D data as a robotics, computer vision, manipulation engineer or similar
- A creative and considered approach to problem-solving
- Ability to plan, prioritise tasks, and coordinate with the work of others
- Experience working in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment
- Excellent ability to communicate technical knowledge in a clear and understandable manner
- Self-starter - ability to work independently and own your work
- Ability to travel during the working week
- Control for robotic manipulation (e.g. trajectory control, motion planning, grasp planning and kinematics)
- Computer vision and post-processing techniques and libraries for 2D and 3D (pointcloud) data
- Broad knowledge of robotics and real-time control fundamentals
- Good knowledge and practical use of different sensing technologies
- Strong coding skills in at least two programming languages such as Python and C++
- Proficient with Linux, ROS and Embedded Systems
- Your early contribution to the company will be rewarded with a generous equity package so that you share in the value you create
- Significant opportunities to learn and progress as the company grows
- Regular travel throughout the beautiful UK countryside for field trials, testing, and on-farm development. When we say field trials, we mean it!
- A wild ride full of learnings and new experiences, you will never wonder why you get up in the morning
- Flexible working hours and location, work from where you and your team are the most productive
- Vibrant workspace colocated with some of London's most innovative hardware companies
- Regular events with catered lunches
- Onsite gym and showers
- Nearby climbing wall with subsidised membership
- Free onsite parking
- Free hot drinks and plenty of desk or couch space
If this sounds like you, we'd love to hear from you. Bonus points if you have an agricultural background or experience. Don't worry if not, you'll get it with us!
- Submit your CV and answer the questions on the application form
- Our team will review applications on a weekly basis, we may contact you for additional information (e.g. to provide a portfolio if you couldn't via the application form)
- If you are successful at this stage we'll arrange an initial video call to explain the position and learn a bit about you (30 minutes)
- Successful candidates at this stage will then be invited to a technical interview and to meet some of the team (2.5hrs)
- Start date: Immediate start available.
- Salary range: £40,000 to £50,000 depending on experience.
- Sponsorship/Relocation: We can offer Visa sponsorship, however, we cannot offer relocation assistance for this position.
- Driving License: Driving license required. Access to a personal vehicle would be beneficial.
- Recruiters/Agencies: No recruiters or agencies, please.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit jobsaware.co.uk.