Cloudsmith is looking for an exceptional IT Administrator to join our development team.
Reporting to our CTO, this is a hands-on role that provides amazing career opportunities alongside tangible input into our companies success.
With a proven IT Admin background, you'll be unafraid to push boundaries with your ideas and be a real advocate for consistently improving and developing your craft. You'll encourage creativity within the wider team and utilise your previous experience to help us grow.
Cloudsmith are leaders in software supply chain management. Allowing organizations to manage software via the cloud, eliminating the need to hire dedicated support staff to handle expensive and unwieldy on-premises solutions. Cloudsmith’s cutting edge Continuous Packaging platform can automatically scan for vulnerabilities, helps teams move faster, and secure the software supply chain
Following successful series A funding, we now are looking to expand our team and bring the value of our cloud-native offering to organizations.
About You, The Ideal Candidate
You are passionately technical with empathy for your fellow Human beings. You’re not afraid to get your hands dirty with new types of software or programming languages, and you’ve got professional experience already. You don’t shy away from tasks and can collaborate plus communicate your ideas to others. You have specialities and preferences in your craft, but you’re adaptable. A passion for quality and solving interestingly difficult problems is essential.
A University degree is less important than relevant experience, but you’ll probably have an aptitude and outlook equivalent to the experience of a graduate (if not a degree). We want to see that you’re a voracious and passionate learner, that you love on-boarding new skills and technology, and you find joy in solving difficult but enjoyable challenges. You will have built things that made you proud; such as complex projects you’ve completed, open-source projects you’ve contributed to (or created), or other hobbies that involve software or hardware.
In short, your qualities:
- Smart. 🙌
- Gets Things Done 💥
- An Awesome Human Being. 😎
About The Role, Challenges
We’ve built Cloudsmith using some of the best technology that the Cloud offers. You can expect to see technologies such as Python, Django, Chef, Ruby, Docker, Packer, PostgreSQL, Terraform, Memcached, Nodejs, AWS services (e.g. EC2, S3, CloudFront, Fargate, Lambda), etc. plus others for packaging, integrations, tooling, and platform support services. Other services like GitHub, for source control and open-source continuous integration; DataDog, for centralised logging, monitoring, and observability; and CircleCI, for platform continuous integration, help us with this.
This IT Admin role involves a combination of maintaining, upgrading, and managing our software, hardware, and networks.
Resourcefulness is a necessary skill in this role. You should be able to diagnose and resolve problems quickly. You should also have the patience to communicate with a variety of interdisciplinary teams and users.
Your goal will be to ensure that our technology infrastructure runs smoothly and efficiently.
You will be helping to maintain the world’s best package management service; full stop.
- Install and configure software and hardware
- Manage network servers and technology tools
- Set up accounts and workstations
- Monitor performance and maintain systems according to requirements
- Troubleshoot issues and outages
- Ensure security through access controls, backups, and firewalls
- Upgrade systems with new releases and models
- Develop expertise to train staff on new technologies
- Build an internal wiki with technical documentation, manuals and IT policies
- Proven experience as a System Administrator,
- Network Administrator or similar role
- Experience with databases, networks (LAN, WAN), and patch management
- Knowledge of system security (e.g. intrusion detection systems) and data backup/recovery
- Ability to create scripts in Python, Perl, or other language
- Familiarity with various operating systems and platforms
- Resourcefulness and problem-solving aptitude
- Excellent communication skills
- BSc/Ba in Information Technology, Computer Science or a related discipline; professional certification (e.g. Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA)) is a plus
For excellent candidates like you, expect an incredible opportunity and compensation:
- Extremely competitive salary
- Share options! Own a piece of Cloudsmith
- 35 days annual leave (incl. public holidays)
- Sick day allowance
- Flexible working policies
- Private health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Income protection
- Great pension contributions
- Budget for getting setup (£3k to include a powerful laptop)
- Extra perks, like free conference days, or support for additional self-learning (e.g. AWS certs)
About The Location
We’re based in Belfast, Northern Ireland, but like us and the entire team right now, you’ll probably be fully remote, although our preference is for you to be within 1-2 time zones of UTC.
About Equal Opportunity
We’re an equal opportunities employer who does not discriminate against age, sex, gender, pronouns, race, disability, pregnancy, marital or parental status, political ideology, creed, sexual orientation, or religious background, etc. Your ability and passion are infinitely more important to us.
Cloudsmith is committed to supporting Covid-19 vaccinations. We encourage our employees and their family members to get vaccinated, as it is the best way to limit the spread of COVID-19 and keep you, your family, our workforce and communities healthy.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit jobsaware.co.uk.