As part of the engineering department, you will be responsible for activities on the shopfloor to install & commission new machining and supporting processes such as pressure test & sub assembly operations. You will support the engineering function to achieve department targets relative to safety, quality, cost, delivery, people & environment through systemic improvement activities. In addition, as necessary, you will support the operations team to help maintain the health of the processes to ensure production targets are achieved. This role will be covering a 3 shift pattern am/pm and nights and there will be an additional shift allowance for this.
- Prove out fixtures, tooling & programs on CNC machines
- To evaluate existing manufacturing systems with a view to optimisation, cost reduction and general continuous improvement using lean principles. Then where appropriate within a cross-functional team, implement the relevant changes
- To assess product cell Overall Equipment Effectiveness and improve machine/equipment availability, productivity and quality.
- To produce and understand CNC part programs, using Siemens & Fanuc program languages
- To resolve daily manufacturing issues to maintain the output of the production system
- To liaise with the Quality and Production teams to ensure best practices are implemented.
- Support supplier and internal assessments against the requirements of industry standards as required, providing information and explanation as appropriate.
- Carry out internal process audits in to ensure that process instructions are being followed and are correct. Take and drive any remedial actions as necessary.
- To develop repair and rework schemes for products including containment actions and concessions.
- To lead, co-ordinated or participate in problem solving activities using approved tools and techniques.
- To work in a IATF16949 environment, upholding the ethics of the company’s quality standards.
- To have working knowledge of the legislative requirements of Health & Safety, Environmental and Risk Assessment.
- To perform any other duties reasonably required to achieve departmental and/or Company objectives as deemed appropriate by the Manager / Director responsible.
- Provide support and training to others as required.
Holiday - 24 days + Bank Holidays
Qualifications and Experience
- Industry recognised Engineering apprenticeship
- Minimum 5 years experience post apprenticeship in production environment
- Proven experience gained within low to medium volume machining processes
- Previous experience of constructing CNC programmes from 2D drawings and 3D models and ability to prove out on CNC machines
- Proven experience of CNC cutting tools
- Proven experience of CNC machine manual programming
- Previous experience of sub assembly operations in the machining process such as pressure test
- IT literacy, particularly Excel, Word
- Interpretation of geometric tolerancing and 2D drawings
- Good communication skills
- Problem solving using recognised tools and techniques
- Previous experience of CNC programming using CAD CAM package
- Six Sigma training to Green Belt
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit safer-jobs.com.