You can save this job and apply at a later date.
Project Engineer (Civil & Structural)
We are recruiting for an experienced Project Manager to work for a large civils company located in te Sheffield, South Yorkshire area.
You will be required to provide a full and professional technical and civil engineering project design and specification service in compliance with Building Regulations, all statutory requirements, design guides, building standards and safety requirements to satisfy our customers needs.
* Correctly interpret, clarify and implement customers building designs and specification requirements in accordance with the project programme
* Allocate costs appropriate to the elements of work to be undertaken.
* Work in conjunction with the customers engineering experts to ensure that all requirements are met and the finished building performs fully in line with our customers expectations.
* Provide a full civil and ground-works design, supervision and inspection service.
* Liaise with other team members, local authorities and third party consultants to obtain all statutory approvals.
* Compile and issue to the Senior Project Buyer detailed scopes of works for all specialist sub-contract requirements.
* Compile and issue to Company employees and sub-contract partners technical design drawings, foundation loading drawings and any instructions required for manufacturing and installation works
* Assist in the compilation and monitoring of project programmes and ensure milestone dates are met.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
* IT Literate (Microsoft Office).
* Excellent Auto Cad skills.
* Understanding of Building Regulations.
* Thorough understanding and working knowledge of Local Authority Processes for Planning. Submissions and Building Control Approvals.
* Degree/HNC in Building Design or Civil/Structural Engineering.
* Full UK Driving Licence.
* Recognised Building Design or Civil / Structural background.
* Recognised industry experience.
* Site surveying / levelling.
* Customer Focus - understanding the needs of internal & external customers.
* Embracing Change - never standing still.
* Planning and Organising - methodical and structured in approach.
* Communication - good communicator with verbal discussions and in written documents.
* Relationship Management - be able to forge strong working relationships with others both within and external to the Company.
* Time Management - working to deadlines and self managing workload to achieve them.
You will work a 40 hours per week - 8am to 5pm (Monday to Friday).
You will be paid a basic salary of between £30,000 to £40,000 (depending on experience), plus other outstanding benefits.
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.
Questech Recruitment Ltd